John Susek is a Chicago-based developer and designer.
@jsusek on twitter
Technologies and skills I am strong with:
Things I would like to work with or learn more about:
Mobile projects, data visualization, low barrier of entry web projects (registration-less participation), augmented reality, media/entertainment/mass communications industries, startups/freemium projects, game development, ambitious web projects.
I’m interested in things like:
The future web and internet, online rights, electronic and dance music, cartography, the future of television, world history, politics, antiques, local history, video/computer games – both playing and studying as a new media/platform, cyberpunk/virtual reality/futurist art/culture/themes, and more.
Some notable things I’ve done:
- I got into cartography for a while, and had two maps I created published in Computer Gaming World (sample). Created maps for games like Anarchy Online, Shadowbane, etc.
- Worked as lead texture and UI artist on an award winning game mod Lawdogs for Unreal Tournament 2003/2004. Also created one of the mod’s official maps using UnrealEd (samples).
- Penguin Publishing used one of my textures for a book cover.
- Started focusing more on programming, and created TivoTool, a ground-breaking application used to stream video from modded Tivos. If you’ve had a hacked Tivo and a Mac within the last few years, you’ve used TivoTool.
- Multiple web development (LAMP-based) projects for StoneWard’s clients including Snap-on Tools, Terminix, SportClips.
- Built browser based Cloud computing front-end (think Amazon EC2) for ServerCentral.